Deadite Press is dedicated to publishing the very best in extreme horror and splatterpunk fiction. We have given a home to some of the top writers in the genre including Brian Keene, Edward Lee, Bryan Smith, J.F. Gonzalez, Wrath James White, Robert Devereaux, and Shane McKenzie. And for the first time in almost a decade, we are opening our doors to general submissions!
OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
APRIL 1, 2018 to JUNE 30, 2018.
All submissions received by June 30th will receive a response by July 31, 2018.
What we are looking for:
- Deadite Press is seeking original novellas and novels 20,000 to 100,000 words in length that fit into the extreme horror and splatterpunk fiction categories.
- We want striking, well-crafted manuscripts with original horror themes. Our readers expect unconventional stories that surprise, entertain, and frighten them in new ways. We are not afraid of topics that are risky, violent or unrelentingly horrific. On the contrary, we crave those things! Look at our catalog of books to see what we mean.
- Multiple submissions are okay – during our open submission period we are open to reading as many manuscripts as you feel would meet our criteria but we are only interested in your best work. Bring it on!
What we are not looking for:
- We are not accepting short story collections, poetry, non-fiction or comics at this time
- No simultaneous submissions – During the time that we are open for submissions we prefer that you do not simultaneously submit your manuscript elsewhere.
How to submit:
- Email your submission to [email address forthcoming on April, 1st].
- In the body of your email message please include an author bio and a 3-5 sentence summary description of the book written like a back cover description in order to pique our interest.
- As a separate document attached to the email include a one-page synopsis of your book describing all the main plot points and revealing the ending. Writing a good synopsis is important, because if we are not interested in your synopsis, we may not read your manuscript.
- Also attached to the email, include your full manuscript. Format your manuscript as follows:
- Word document .doc or .docx or Rich Text File .rtf (no .pdfs please).
- Times New Roman or Arial 11-12 pt font.
- Your author name, email address, book title and word count should appear on the first page of your manuscript. All subsequent pages should have your name, title, and page number in the header.
- Your manuscript should be well edited and free of grammatical errors.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in automatic rejection.
What we pay:
Our standard royalty arrangement for both print and digital is 50% of net revenue.
What rights does that give you:
Our contract covers the rights to publish your work in paperback and ebook formats, worldwide, in English. All other rights (e.g. audiobook, film, hardcover) are retained by the author.